27/03/2007

Week 3, Text Based Blog Entry 1 - About ME

What's up~guys!!


My name is Kent. This is my first semister in the Diploma in English(Advanced) at Unitec.


Year 2007 is my 4th year in New Zealnd. I can still clearly remember the first day I arrived. My first impression of New Zealand was "What a beautiful country!"

I came here to do my further study alone. My parents and lelatives are in my home town, Guangzhou, China, which is in the south part of mainland China. I miss them so much! I wish I could give them a big hug at this monent. However I thought I had been luckier than many other overseas students. Why? Because I came here all the way to Auckland with Siva who is my best friend. We've known each other for nearly 10 years. He is an international student as well. We have shared all the joys and sadness together for the past few years. I am so glad to meet him.

When people ask me about my hobbies, I always say I have a lot, such as playing basketball, swimming, trvaelling and listening to music, etc... And basketball is always the first choice I want to talk about, but this time I will do something different. It comes to travel. However, I still attached a photo to prove basketball was my favourite sport.

Last September, my mum came to visit me. That was her first time she had been to New Zealand since I first came here. In this case, I wanted to show her the best stunning views in New Zealand - the South Island. I've never been there before and I expected to have an amazing experience there. Taking heaps of awesome photos and tasting very yummy seafood, we both had a really good time in the South Island. On my way home, I told myself I would be back again.

Finally, I hope every classmate will enjoy their time in class and all the best! I am very happy to meet so many friends in this class. Hope everything goes well during this semister.




No comments: