13/05/2007

Week 4, Text Based Blog Entry 2- Effects of Globalisation on My Life

Is globalisation a right wing thing? I doubt it. However, it does affect my lifestyle. Compare with a few years ago, now I can easily find a number of famous brands and logos in my home town which were hard to find in our country, including some top international brands. From the biggest hotel chains to the smallest luxuries, and I don’t even need to go overseas. Globalisation gradually enters my life and it become more and more widely use. When I need something, I always choose the brand I can count on. For this reason, famous brands and logos become my first choice. Analysing the whole situation, I realise that globalisation not only affects my past and present, but also has a big influence on my future. Because it pushes hard on the globe economy, the new technology has to back it up quickly. Thus Internet plays a significant role for that. In the coming future, I might talk to the person face to face without sitting in front of the monitor or doing the surgery ten miles away. Who knows! From my point of view, I think the bigger globalisation grows, the smaller the world will be.

No comments: